So... now what?

Well, gosh, this year has been a whirlwind. Changed jobs, bought a house and settled down more permanently than I have in 10 years, made new friends, and my life in general looks a million times differently than it did even last fall.

Most of it has been overwhelmingly positive. I am able to work from home, and I know we'll be calling this place home for many years to come. All of our animals are able to live under our roof with us again after having to find alternate arrangements for them last year. We're making a good combined income that is allowing us to gradually pay stuff off and do stuff like go visit family and friends (within driving distance).

We're doing well. So well, in fact, that I'm feeling uninspired in my writing. I've been cooking up a storm (I have an adorable anecdote about learning how to make eggs Benedict by watching Julia Child on Youtube while also referring to the Julia Child cookbook and having Julie & Julia playing in the background in the living room), so I might try my hand at the food blogging again. The 3 Day Novel Contest is in less than a week and a half, so I might join that again. I wonder if anyone has submitted a cookbook?

If anyone out there is wondering if I've fallen off the face of the earth, all I can say is "Yes, and it's been super. Thanks for asking."


Yes, I'm done talking now. Jeez. RUDE.

Comments