Friday update. Gonna go with the tune of The Cure's "Friday, I'm in Love"



It's a bit of a mishmash of things today, so let's get right into it.

The Know Your Alternatives conference was all day yesterday, at the Metro Toronto Convention Centre. I had a good time and got some really solid information that I'll be using to write up a report for my boss - YAY! I didn't win any of the awesome prizes that were drawn (they were giving away an iPhone and iPad!) - BOO! But I got fed and came away feeling like it was a productive use of company time and money to have sent me - YAY!

Yesterday even getting to the conference was a challenge, because our miniature schnauzer decided to take sick and had, er, intestinal distress all the proceeding day and continued when I took him out that morning. We still haven't gotten pet insurance because I haven't been able to manage another set of monthly bills just yet, so instead we got to pay $400 at once. Can these financial crises let up for just a single month so I can work on Gail Vaz-Oxlade's advice? Pretty please?

Puppy update - today he's fine. He seemed fine as soon as he left the vet's office. My partner's pretty pissed about that and suspects they're in cahoots, but whatcha gonna do?

Met with my trainer for the first time on Tuesday and I still hurt today. Hurt to breathe, hurt to laugh, hurt to love. Le sigh... And back today at 4:30pm. I can definitely understand people's lovehate relationship with their personal trainers (those who are fortunate enough to have access to one, that is), because I'm not sure if I want to send him roses or a box of one-dozen, starving, crazed weasels.


This weekend is going to be pretty long and intense, because I'll be spending it at a friend's tattoo shop, working on getting their computers cleaned up and networked before they have the grand opening at the new location next weekend. I'm hoping this means I'll be able to make up the money we spent on the dog so my partner and I can go out for dinner on Valentine's Day. Le sigh.

Comments